Children Traveling Alone
• China Eastern Airlines Limited Company accepts unaccompanied minors under certain conditions.
• China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited provides special services to unaccompanied minors (fully accompanied and attended to during boarding, flight, and disembarkment).
Accepted Age Range:
• Children between five and twelve (inclusive)
Note: Children in this age range are considered to be unaccompanied minors if they are travelling together with adults but in different cabins.
• Juveniles between 13 and 15 (permitted by parents or appointed guardians).
• Unaccompanied minors flying internationally with China Eastern must buy adult fare tickets in accordance with International Flight Conditions.
• The commission of the unaccompanied minor to the airline must be proposed in advance and agreed to by the carrier.
• Unaccompanied minors are accepted in all cabins on China Eastern flights.
• Boarding unaccompanied minors on transfer flights must be prepared in advance and seats for all sectors of the trip must be confirmed.
• If the receiving party does not meet the unaccompanied minor on time or if they delay reception after the arrival of the unaccompanied minor, this party must incur all resulting additional costs.
Number of unaccompanied minors accepted for each flight by aircraft type:
A340 5 persons
A330 4 persons
A300 4 persons
A310 4 persons
A321 3 persons
A320 3 persons
A319 3 persons
B767 4 persons
B737 3 persons
MD90 3 persons
CRJ 2 persons
EMB-145 2 persons
• The passenger's guardian must present the unaccompanied minor transportation application to the marketing department one week prior to the date of departure, fill in the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form and provide names, addresses and contact phone numbers of persons accompanying the minor at departure and arrival;
• Marketing personnel must send a fax to the destination airport according to the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form to request contact with the receiving party of the passenger;
• personnel at the destination airport must contact the designated receiving party to verify the carriage of the unaccompanied minor;
• After receiving verification from staff at the airport of destination, the marketing personnel must attach the fax and the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form to the Passenger ticket;
• Check-in staff check the content of the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form according to the attached SPA/UM Fax on the ticket;
• Check-in staff handles the carriage procedures for the unaccompanied minor, fills in the Special Service Notification and puts all travel certificates into the travel certificate bag of the unaccompanied minor;
• The guardian of the unaccompanied minor should stay at the airport until the flight takes off;
• staff accompany the unaccompanied minor through boarding, meets with the chief flight attendant and signs the Special Service Notification form;
• When the airplane arrives, staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor through disembarkment and assists in carrying baggage, handling immigration procedures and claiming the checked baggage;
• The staff checks the papers of the receiving party according to the content of the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form and asks the receiving party to sign said form.
• The staff stores the signed “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” form in the archives.
Below is a sample of the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice” Form
UNACCOMPANIED MINOR REQUESTED FOR CARRIAGE-HANDLING ADVICE FORM
|Name of minor:||Age:|
|TERMINAL||NAME OF PERSON ACCOMPANYING||ADDRESS AND TEL NO|
PARENT/GUARDIAN-NAME, ADDRESS AND TEL No:
1. I declare that I have arranged for the minor stated in the application to be accompanied to the airport on departure and to be met at stopover point(s) and to be met, upon arrival, by the designated party. This party will remain at the airport until the flight has departed and/or be available at the airport at the scheduled time of the arrival of the flight.
2. Should the minor's details differ from those stated on the application form, I authorize the carrier(s) to take whatever action they consider necessary to ensure the minor's safe custody including return of the minor to the airport of departure; I agree to indemnify and reimburse the carrier(s) for the necessary and reasonable costs and expenses incurred by taking such action.
3. I certify that the minor is in possession of all travel documents (passport, visa, health certificate, etc.) required by applicable laws.
4. I, the undersigned parent or guardian of the minor specified in the application form agree to and request the unaccompanied carriage of the minor specified and certify that the information provided is accurate.
Above information is for reference only, please contact our local office for details.