• It is required by China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited that passengers who are younger than 2 years old be accompanied by an adult passenger over 18 years of age.
Note: infants who are younger than 14 days are not permitted to fly. Disease Diagnosis Certificates must be shown for premature infants older than 14 days.
• The maximum number of infants accepted by China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited on any flight is determined by the number of infant lifejackets available on-board.
• China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited assumes the responsibility for carriage of infant passengers to the same extent as normal passengers. .
In the absence of special arrangements, each adult passenger can carry a maximum of two infants, and the ticket class of the infant must be consistent with the ticket class of the adult.
• Infants cannot occupy its own seat. When two infants travel together, the extra infant can purchase a ticket at child price and occupy one seat.
• Cradles are suggested for carriage of infants (automobile-type safety seats can be used for infants older than 6 months).
Our company provides a fixed quantity of cradles based on the type of the airplane. Passengers must reserve its use in advance.
• Passengers can also bring and use their own infant cradles (including automobile-type safety seats), but tickets must be purchased for occupation of seats.
• Infant safety belts should be used for infants on board.
Free baggage allowance for an infant:
• Weight Calculation
> For each infant one totally folded or portable infant trolley may be carried free of charge.
> Infants travelling on a ticket at the price of 10 percent of an adult price (in accordance with the national transportation conditions) are not entitled to the free baggage allowance. But standard traveling supplies such as food, infant diapers, etc. may be carried.
> For infants with tickets purchased at child or adult price, please refer to the free baggage allowance of adult passengers.
> The free baggage allowance of infants who purchase tickets at child or adult price (only limited to passengers corresponding to international transportation conditions):
Every first class and business class infant passenger can consign two pieces of baggage free of charge. The maximum weight allowance for each piece of baggage is 32kg. The sum of the three sides of every piece of baggage should not exceed 158cm. Economy class adult and child passengers (China-America route) can consign two pieces of baggage free of charge and the maximum weight allowance for each piece of baggage is 23kg; Economy class adult and child passengers (China-Canada route) can check two pieces of baggage free of charge and the maximum weight allowance for each of baggage is 32kg; and the sum of the three edges of every piece of baggage should not exceed 158cm, and the sum of three edges of two pieces should not exceed 273cm.
Infants who purchase tickets at the price of 10 percent of an adult price can check one piece of luggage free of charge (in accordance with international transportation conditions), but the sum of the three edges cannot exceed than 115cm. In addition, one totally folded or portable infant trolley can be carried free of charge.
Usage Rules of Automobile-style Safety Seat:
• Any class can accept infant passengers using safety seats when occupying a seat, but it must be arranged in advance and a child ticket should be bought.
The safety seat must occupy an inside seat. Attending adult passengers must occupy aisle seats and infants cannot be seated in emergency exit rows.
It is necessary for passengers older than 14 and in good shape to take care of the safety seat during the flight.
The available amount of infant cradles and life-jackets varies for each airplane type
|Airplane type||Infant cradle spare quantity in cabin||Infant life jacket spare quantity|
Above information is for reference only, please contact our local office for details.